Monday, March 1, 2010

Goodbye minivan... Hello Fusion!


August 1, 2009 was a big day for us. Car shopping was first on the list. We used the government's "Cash for Clunkers" incentive program to buy a new car. We got money toward a new car by trading in our less-fuel-efficient car. The van was good to us. S was more sentimental about it than I was. That was the car that he drove to work. It was affectionately known among his colleagues as "the RV" - the Ratty Van. They all gave him a hard time about not driving a more sporty car. We are the type that like to save up for big things, like new cars. What a concept, right? Good things come to those who wait. We were glad we waited since we were able to get a really great deal. The kids had a chance to say goodbye to it before we left that day. We ended up with another Ford, but this time a whole lot smaller than our Excursion. I guess we're Ford people (whatever that means). The other reason that it was a big day... it was the same day we found out we were going to have another baby. Good things come to those who wait... I already wrote about that news back in November so I won't go into that again. I titled it "Thrown for a Loop". That's still the best title. I am now 8 months along and growing bigger and more uncomfortable with each week. With my blog lately, I feel like the DVR. I'm trying to catch up to "live TV". I have quite a few things to write about before I'm to the present time. I'm getting closer.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I left a comment for you under that picture a few down of S and his college friend...

Our Family Adventures said...

Boy, do I remember THAT day!!! Talk about a day of mixed emotions. We could not be happier for you guys :) I need you to show me how to do the collage thing on Picasa. It looks so great!