Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fall preschool fieldtrips


One of the advantages of preschool is that someone else plans the outings for my child. This has never been one of my strengths. I tend to spend a lot of time, and usually enjoy, just staying home. So preschool has forced me over the years to get out of the house and see things and do things with my child. Even though I've done all these fieldtrips 6 times now, I still loved watching K experience all of them for herself. The first fieldtrip of the year was at the end of September. We went to the apple farm and learned all about apples and how to make cider. We got to pick an apple to eat, play in the yard, and see some fun farm animals.


Then we went inside for donuts and cider. (That's always been my favorite part!) The donuts were so good, I ended up buying a bunch of them to take home. I just couldn't stop myself!


In October, on the second fieldtrip of the year, we went to the nature center and checked out different kinds of trees. K really loved learning about the trees. She talked about it for weeks afterwards. She was excited to know that the trees had names and she went around telling everyone what they were and what they looked like. Here she is with a Beech tree, an Oak tree, and (I think) an Ash tree. I would've only taken one picture of her with one tree, but she insisted on being in a picture with each one. It's as if she made three new friends. There was one problem with this trip - it was freezing outside and we were not dressed for it. When will I learn that the weather around here is unpredictable and that winter temperatures sometimes show up in the fall.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

WOW!! Heather your kids are all so big now! Crazy to think you have a high schooler huh? And you are having another baby soon and another little boy. How exciting is that?! Looks like you guys are enjoying life and doing well. I've enjoyed reading your blog!
Oh and by the way....do you and Sasha ever age? You guys look GREAT!