Thursday, March 11, 2010

7 and still sweet!


Last September, about a week before school started, E turned 7 years old. Where has the time gone. I remember, like it was yesterday, the day she was born. It happened to be labor day that year - how appropriate. The first thing I noticed about her when I saw her for the first time was that she looked a lot like me when I was a baby. Finally! Up until then none of my babies looked much like me. I was thrilled. Before I had her I used to say that we needed to keep having kids until I got one that looked like me. (Well that, and we always said we were going to have 6!) She is and has always been a very sweet girl. She was a good baby and fun to have around. Her sweetness was most noticable when I had K. From the time K was a newborn, one of E's goals has been to make K happy. Every time K, as a baby, would do something like hit her with a toy or pull her hair, she never got mad and would only reply, "Oh, K___." She is very sensitive to the feelings of others. When we announced that we would be having another baby (number 7), she was so excited that she couldn't stop smiling, clapping, and bouncing up and down on the couch. She told me that she would help me - and she has. She also finds every opportunity to hug and kiss me. I sure have loved having her as a daughter. She's a good one!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melissa said...

She is so sweet. And super cute!!!