Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Teach a man to fish...


"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime." These are just a few highlights from the annual fishing trip out on the big lake last July. Fishing is one of the things S loves to do and he's passing it on to his sons. This time he took along a friend and his son, too. They caught a fair number of big salmon, which we got to eat for dinner that night. I got to try out a few new recipes, and they were all delicious. J, in one picture is attempting to eat some fish eggs that were found in one of the salmon. I don't think he actually ate them. And, boys do funny things like kiss fish - even though it looks more like the fish is going to take a bite out of his chin. It was a good day for them and a good dinner for the rest of us.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It was a good dinner! Did I ever get you the pics we have from that trip? If not, I am a goober (as someone at your home would call me!) and will get them to you soon. Let me know.