Thursday, January 14, 2010

She's growing up!

Ni turned 9 back in June. She really enjoyed her day. The rest of us did, too. After all, we got to eat cake! That is one of the benefits to having a large family -- more opportunities to have cake and ice cream throughout the year. I've been going through photo albums lately and trying to organize my piles of pictures. It has been fun to look back at old pictures of the kids and see how much they have grown. I have been pretty good at enjoying all the different stages of life so far, but they go by so fast and seem to be picking up speed. To quote Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." That's a great line and has taken on new meaning for me. Anyway, I'm glad Ni is one of mine that I get to watch grow up. She certainly keeps me on my toes and can be quite entertaining.

2 comments:

Carn Family said...

Can I just tell you how much I love that you are always quoting movies! Birthday's and cake are the best!

Company EIGHT said...

You and your movie quotes, lol!

Hey, I hadn't thought of more cake and ice cream as a big family perk...that makes me excited!