Thursday, January 14, 2010

Scout Camp - June 2009


This was a very productive scout camp for my boys. It was a week filled with lots of studying and writing, swimming (that's J trying to float on his back - he has no body fat so his "float" is just his head!), boating, rifle-shooting, rock-climbing, and of course, eating, sleeping, and generally getting very dirty. Ultimately, both boys finished the week having completed about 7 or 8 merit badges each. That is quite an accomplishment. It helped to have their dad there to make sure they were on task and where they needed to be the whole time. It wasn't a relaxing week for S, that's for sure, but he achieved his own goal that week, too. He trained for and passed all the tests to become a certified BSA lifeguard. It was a lot of work, but he was glad he pushed himself to do it. One of my favorite pictures from the week is the one in the middle. Apparently they weren't even posing for a picture. That's actually what they did when they got back to the church parking lot. Another favorite part of scout camp for me (insert a sarcastic tone here!) is always the lovely smelling loads of laundry I get to do when they get back. It's a very unique smell that's for sure. One that is hard to discribe. Anyway, I do love that they get to go every year.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jewels said...

It is the smoke, mud, body odor smell!!!

Company EIGHT said...

What a fun time! I know Ryan is really looking forward to going this year. Lucky me...I'll have that lovely laundry to do too!