Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Soccer and more!

Okay, okay... I've finally returned. Sorry about the LONG PAUSE in my updates to my blog. I have been very busy. To start with I was just called as the primary president. Well, it happened back in March - the week of my birthday. What a birthday present, right!? And as icing on the cake my husband was called the very same week to be on the high council. Funny how it all works out sometimes. Maybe funny isn't the right word! Anyway, we are doing well and we really are enjoying all of our new responsibilities. It is allowing us (forcing us, at times) to be stretched and molded in ways we couldn't have imagined.

Along with new church opportunities, we have been involved with soccer during the spring season. I volunteered to coach E's team. She's 6. This team has been very interesting to coach. 10 minutes into practice every week and they want to know when they can play at the park. Gosh, that makes me sound like a great coach, huh! This age is perfect for me, though, since I never really played soccer until I was an adult. The rules, etc. are still fuzzy to me, and the 6-year-olds seem to be at my skill level. (Well, maybe I am slightly better then they are!) We "play" together at practice and they don't realize that they are learning things at the same time. Aren't they cute? We have had 4 games so far - 3 wins, and 1 tie. We aren't supposed to keep score, or pay attention to winning and losing, but try telling a child not to keep score! Yeah, right!

Well, a lot has been happening over the past few months and I am determined to catch up on my "journaling". So this was my first attempt to get back to some of the things I used to have time for. As I continue to find the balance in my life, more and more things I love to do will start fitting back in... I hope!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

DeShelle said...

It's about stinkin' time! I have missed your blog. I love keeping up with your family and seeing what is going on. I just coached Shane's indoor soccer team and had a blast. The kids were really cute.We didn't keep score either but we seemed to win a lot of our games :) Congrats(is that the right word?) on the two new callings. Not that you had anything else in your life and now both of you will be extra busy. But I am sure you will both be awesome. Tell Sash to keep it lively so there is no falling asleep during the H.C. talks. It's great to see you on here again!

Jewels said...

Good Job Heather!!!

Melissa said...

I Love that pic of E. Your children will have so many fond memories of soccer Saturdays.