Sunday, June 28, 2009

Getting older together!

We had birthdays. Actually our birthdays are a month apart and a few months ago. But I'm really behind again, so I'm putting them together! S planned a smallish surprise party with a few friends for me. For him, we stuck with just our family - which is what he always prefers. I got a lot of chocolate (Reeses, mostly) and some other miscellaneous items - a frying pan, cheese slicer, serving bowl, beverage mug, and watch - all picked out by the kids (with a little help from their dad). He got a watch, a shovel, and a new shirt - this is so he will have another one to choose from. He tends to wear the same shirt to everything! K got him gum and cookies. Her ideas, completely. The three younger girls even got dressed up for the party. They said they wanted to look pretty for their dad. It was very sweet.
I am now only a few short years away from 40! How did this happen? Oh well, in my head I'm still in my twenties! It can only get better from here, right? Kids grow up, leave home, and S and I go on a lot of trips and buy things we never had money for before... Sounds good to me!
By the way, the first picture there is from a dance we went to for Valentine's Day. We actually went to dance lessons a few times before the dance. I always wanted S to learn to dance with me. He's a natural! It was one of the best things we've been able to do together. It was so fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: