Tuesday, May 11, 2010

He's here!

Even though this post is dated "May 11", (that's when I intended to finish it) it's now December 2010 and our newest little guy (which is what we call him most of the time) is 8 months old. Baby "B" was born at 6:03 pm on Easter Sunday, weighed in at 8 pounds 6 ounces, and was 21.5 inches - my third biggest baby. Out of seven births this is the first time my water broke. I knew we had to go to the hospital but there were a lot of things to be done first! Unlike my husband, I was not in a big rush to get to the hospital. I knew all too well what I had to do. And... since it was Easter, I wanted to do the basket and egg hunt with the kids, I wanted to shower, and the kitchen needed to be cleaned. We managed to do it all and then got to the hospital at noon. Labor went extremely well - and surprisingly, it took the seventh one for me to realize what a good coach my husband is. Always in the past I preferred to be left alone to go through labor. This was the first time I didn't have an intrathecal or epidural and I give S a lot of the credit for coaching me through it. We made a good team. I felt like we worked together to bring B into the world.
You can see that all the other kids were more than thrilled that he was finally here. They came to the hospital to see him only an hour after he was born. He was quite alert. He seemed to be aware of everything and was trying to take it all in.
Proud (and tired) mom. B at one day old, just before we went home. One night at the hospital was enough for me.
And proud dad, with the one he always knew was waiting to come to our family, excited to meet him, finally.

5 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

Wahoo! I'm so glad "B" has been born! :)He's a dolly--I love that pic of him on the side, and of you too!

Really though, I love this post--

Lynne said...

congratulations guys -- got your christmas card today and we were excited to see the updated pictures that you mentioned. Merry Christmas!

Effie said...

Heather,
Oh my, I did not even know that you had another child. Congratulations!! I am hoping to make it back to midland this summer. Hope all is going well for you.

luckyduck said...

I'm only reading this now - congratulations!!

Stefanie said...

Wow congratulations!!! He is a cutie! I cant believe how grown up all your kids are and seriously do you or Sasha EVER ages?! You guys all look great. Congratulations again you guys have a beautiful family!