Friday, November 14, 2008

Lucky!

Here I am, doing laundry, and trying lately to think only about my children's good qualities (see the "In a million words or less..." from my recent post) and all I can say is that one of my children was very lucky to have been safely at school today. I was on my 4th load of the day and as I was pulling clothes out of the washer to put into the dryer I notice a big blue ink mark on a pair of D's pants. Okay, so he got ink on his pants at school and I didn't see it to treat it before washing... no big deal. Then out comes my nice white jacket - INK MARKS! OKAY, WHO HAD THE PEN IN THEIR POCKET?! Well, there in J's church pants, still in the closed pocket, the blue pen and so much ink soaked in that I did something I never do - I threw the pants away. I then spent the next hour or so spraying hair spray and Shout on D's pants and my jacket, and I scrubbed until my arm was tired. (Hair spray actually works quite well on ink marks, as long as it's not a ton of ink, FYI.) After the initial shock and anger wore off, I realized that the real lucky part was that the ink only got on a couple of things. It was a big load and it could've been so much worse. I know because I have experienced this before, only it was a load of whites and there was ink on every single item. So today I'm thankful for hairspray, and that my children go to school!

3 comments:

luckyduck said...

Sometimes you just have to be grateful it wasn't worse! That's why I took a picture of the toilet paper rolls in the toilet and posted them on my blog. My mom was here when it happened and both she and Dan were surprised when I laughed and took a picture.

Effie said...

Hey! I think you should have bagged the laundry at this point and went and found some friends to play VB. :) How in world are you doing? I am trying to figure out who Lowe's know in Sweden that is checking out my blog and found yours on Stephanie's. Hope all is good for you. Happy Holidays.

Lynne said...

I just re-discovered your blog because for some reason I haven't been able to link to it -- who knows why, but it seems to be working now! Looks like you've had a lot of fun with your family!